Tuesday, February 6, 2007

NOT yet UHURU!


I saw ausi Leta on TV the otha day, shes actually in the process of recording a new album, n i mean its been ages since she dropped some fresh jawns; Yeah what can i say this is sposed to be a soul music blog, n i rate any kinda music has got some soul init, unless its that doof doof house crap ;-)
But when it comes to soul music I dont think anyone can do it like us Africans and this song here is one of those songs that just reminds me of my childhood, I mean i grew up in some craphole called bophutatswana which was a fake-ass country, imean can u imagine!!??
So i neva new what apartheid was and i swear to god i neva had any idea, the lengths to which human cruelty can reach. I mean here u are as a kid, no idea, no idea whatsoeva y this lady is singing bout Us not being able to vote etc, but u like the beat anyways so u just get down to it, on some yeah NOT yet UHURU man; But this song is more relevant now than eva in our lifes, because I believe that SAfricans are slowly loosing a grip on that piece of Uhuru guys like biko and hani died for. I believe we all need to do some soul searching and try to find that inna ubuntu that we so need at the moment. Homicices and rapes and all the crimes of hate!s RIP Richard Ishmail, Not yet UHURU!

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dXFWeVdwQk5veE41VEE9PQ

1 comment:

theShev said...

your soul belong to a different generation. a generation of revolutionaries. where have they gone?