Friday, February 23, 2007

Lifetime


Its Friday! thank Funk once again. I found this soulful mosdef song while taking some time out to listen to his new 'True Magic'; an album I've been dreading to listen to, u know, I was scared in case it was like that New Danger he released 2 years ago; alas how i have deprived myself, this is a very good album...now i know good is relative, so leme just say its a banga, from the infamous 'Dollar day aka Katrina Klap', to wrestling with the demons in the industry in 'The Rape Over', he brings back that social consciousness thats missing in hiphop today. Its crazy u know, with mos' A-list hollywood career, people have been sayin all kinda things, like "ahhh he forgot how to rap.... or he shud get Bruce Willis to produce his albums look at what he did for his acting", haha. This album was also droped amidst rumours that he was just doing the project coz hes obliged to, and he's leaving his recording label, afta all said and done, if Mos Def continues to make soulful hiphop music and doesnt stop striking the empire back, cats can miss me with alla that negativity. This jawn kinda reminds me of Umi Says, from way back in the day, It's been in my head the whole week, real inspirational stuff. Enjoy the weekend.

Mos Def - Lifetime
http://www.yousendit.com/download/UFh2eW55d0lrWTk1VEE9PQ

1 comment:

Heartwarmer said...

Hey there, you know I always want to listen to the stuff you suggest in your posts.
But downloads are a no-no for me cause I don't have that much space.
I feel like I'm cheating myself because of it.
Anyways...one day memory will be non-issue.