Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mo Bophelong



I started listening to the 8 piece strong, Kwani Experience late last year afta they blew up with the Jazz Festival n all and missing all their shows in the slaapcity :-( dunno how I actually feel bout their 'Birth of the Muthaland Funk' (can I really listen to it from begining to end?) but I think that its got some beautiful songs on there, and Ill probably appreciate it more with time and if I where to see them live. One thing I can say howeva is this is gr8 inspiring music, a lot of funky stuff there, u know very urban, inna city jazzy kinda vibe to it. Original stuff from mzansis' youngins is hard to find nowadays... have u heard that sista betina stuff? Ok this song Mo Bophelong, is sung beautifully in Sepedi by the equally bangin lead-singer Nosisi, listen as she encourages u to go out and get whats urs, despite the pitfalls that life will always eva so generously hand out to u , u gota put in the hard work! theres a Busi Mhlongo kinda vibe to it, and the piano keeps it vibey, go get:

Kwani Experience - Mo Bophelong
http://www.yousendit.com/download/T2pFUGhTSWViV3g1VEE9PQ

No comments: